BLET NEWS FLASH - October 4th
BLET NEWS FLASH
BLET members ratify quality of life agreement with BNSF that provides work/rest improvements, paid sick leave
The four BLET General Chairmen reported on October 3 that a majority of BLET Divisions representing locomotive engineers on BNSF Railway ratified a system-wide agreement that improves the quality of work-life balance for approximately 8,000 locomotive engineers.
Highlights of the agreement include:
• Work/rest options that can be implemented in every pool;
• Ability to create alternative schedules for assigned service;
• Up to eight paid sick leave days;
• Ability to take paid sick leave without penalty under the attendance policy;
• The opportunity to earn an “Earned Day Off” (EDO) quarterly; and
• Away from home terminal (AFHT) meal improvements, bereavement leave change, and AFHT agreement enhancements.
The four BNSF General Chairmen — Robby Cunningham (former AT&SF), Jeff Thurman (former STL-SF), Troy Martin (former C&S, CRI&P, FWD), and Kent Psota (BNSF/MRL) — and their General Committee Officers thanked their members for ratifying this milestone agreement that will greatly improve their quality of life. They said, “We will continue our best efforts to negotiate meaningful improvements to the pay, quality of life, and working conditions for the members we represent.”
Additionally, the General Chairmen thanked National Vice President Billy Lyons for his assistance in this endeavor.
• • •
If you are a member of the BLET, then please consider signing up for the Members’ Area of the BLET website: https://members.ble-t.org/
You are receiving this email because you opted in at our website.
Unsubscribe firstname.lastname@example.org from this list
Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers and Trainmen
7061 East Pleasant Valley Road, Independence, Ohio 44131